2% of South Dakota corn, soybeans harvested
The USDA says South Dakota’s corn and soybean harvest is underway.
The weekly crop progress report shows two percent of the state’s corn has been harvested. Thirty-nine percent of the crop is in good-to-excellent shape.
Two percent of soybeans have been harvested with 41 percent of the crop rated good-to-excellent. Fifty-two percent of the state’s soybeans are dropping leaves, behind the average pace of 59 percent.
The state’s winter wheat planting continues to progress ahead of the average pace. Thirty-two percent of the crop has been planted, compared to the five-year average of 29 percent.